Sunday, January 3, 2010

Looking Back

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

graduate highschool, start college, a couple of things i regret, go overseas (Hawaii), played sax in a jazz band, um, get in a minor car accident, get pulled over, get my car stolen AND get it back! i love my baby

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I always forget what they were, but I can say I did improve in a few things

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so

4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes

5. What countries did you visit?
none, but Hawaii

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Patience, faith that things will work themselves out.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
Spring Break - Hawaii Trip
June 12? - Graduation
Oct 24 - =[
November 21- lets just say my life flashed before me

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing Highschool
college and completing the 1st quarter
couple things with band

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing sight of a couple things
giving up on a few things

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
sort of

11. What was the best thing you bought?
a couple of CDs, I'm trying to get a CD collection going
my Yamaha Custom 82Z Alto Saxophone, I was hornless for a while haha, she's my baby besides my car
gifts I got for people, especially during christmas time, it felt good to give a few gifts

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
theres a couple people, one person whom I just me this year my roommate
always positive and always there to help out

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Lots of death, celebrities and a few closer to heart


14. Where did most of your money go?
hm, i remember spending a lot for saxophone related stuff, and then a new saxophone
also i remember buying like 5 cds in two weeks time
lots of music related stuff
and college

15. What did you really, really, really get excited about?
hm, i was always excited for band stuff during senior year aha
JAZZ w/ Lapre and the homies OG's
Hawaii
Graduating and college of course
UCI, living in the dorms
seeing people i haven't seen in a while
Going to Barona for the first time haha
always got excited when i was on the verge of a new musical discovery

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
any song i played in band that year
cant believe it haha
dig by incubus
theres a bunch really

17. Compared to this time last year are you:
not as happy but its okay
more thoughtful
more into music
i feel more responsible
and im definitely more thankful

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
theres alot but these two i still think about
1. spend more time with certain people
2. play more music

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
overthink things
annoy people
things i regret

20. How did you spend Christmas?
church with the family
Avatar 3D with the family

21. How will you be spending new years?
well new years is over but i
slept in
played piano and guitar all day
stayed home with my parents

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
hmm

23. How many one-night stands?
nada

24. What was your favorite TV program?
just recently, The Office and Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon mostly because of The Roots haha

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
nope i dont hate anyone

26. What was the best book you read?
just a couple ones ive read a bit of each at Barnes and Noble

27. What was your biggest musical discovery?
some jazz recordings, lots of Bob Florence
orchestral versions of some J Dilla productions
The Roots "sandwiches"

28. What did you want and you got?
people i could rely on and that made me happy
a saxophone
a college to go to

29. What did you want and not get?
more time with people
an ipod


30. What was your favorite film of this year?
UP, Star Trek, Sherlock Holmes, Avatar, District 9

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn?
turned 18
actually I remember PCN was on my birthday and some lovely people surprised me
pcn practice and last PCN ever!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
look at number 18
and a few other things i guess

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
simple, lots of neutral colors

34. What kept you sane?
my friends and family
i just thought of this today too, my car and some good music

35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
i don't really fancy them, but michael jackson after he passed away
couldnt stop listening and watching his videos

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
i dont remember a bunch, prop 8, equality issues

37. Who did you miss?
a couple of special people

38. Who was the best new person you met?
haha id rather not rank people

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
really think before you do something
let people know they mean a lot to you
a couple of small things can go a long way
i think my sisters answer is a really good one too
"You can never tell those close to your heart "I love you" too much."

40. Quote or Song Lyric that sums up your year:
wow this one is really hard
well this one even though its just 5 words had a pretty significant meaning to me
"i found my smile again"
theres a ton though

No comments: