Monday, December 28, 2009

Been a While,Bye 2009

Well here it is, another one of those 'haven't written here in forever' type of blogs. Good timing too I guess since this year is about to end, it's just a few days away. I don't know where to start, so I'll just start off with going off to college.

This year has been a big one, the end of highschool and the beginning of college. Moving in day was definitely a mixed day. I was so happy and excited to be living and doing things in a new place, a place that will become a second "home" to me for the next few years, but of course I was sad to leave San Diego, a part of me was left back in SD and in the people there that I care about. My time so far at UCI has been great to say the least. Zot Zot! I've met a ton of chill people, and feel like I've grown a little more responsible and mature. I'm still learning the ways of a college student, it's so much fun though! Staying up late with people, late night food runs, tons of new people. It's really awesome having my car up there too, getting to explore the area is always fun. Guppies, The Spectrum, and The Lab, and The District are my favorites so far, but there's still alot out there. As for the school part though, it's very different from highschool. Big lecture halls, hardly any really homework and nothing but a few tests to make your grade. My grades, unfortunately, are the worst they've ever been, it could've been alot worse, but it could have been alot better too. I'm happy that I've survived my first quarter in college, and that I am motivated and determined to do a lot better next quarter and the rest of college.

One of the things that has constantly been on my mind and causing alot of stress for me is what I want to do in life. I'm always going back and forth between a few things. It's awesome when I hear people who know what they want to do and how they're going to get there, I wish the same could happen to me. I need to take some career test, and I wish there was some career day that I could go to haha.

Christmas was just a few days ago. This christmas was really different for me this year. Usually, I have a list of things I wish I could get, you know, like material things, clothes, electronics etc. But this christmas, all the things I truly wanted were things you couldn't buy from a store, couldn't order online, you get what I'm saying. I realized, that I've been focusing on alot of unnecessary things in life, and I've found out what really makes me happy and what really means alot to me. Being away for college, even though its not that far, I was happy to be free and independent from home but I realized I was taking time that I spend with my family for granted, and time with my friends for granted as well. Just spending time with certain people was what I wanted for Christmas. It felt so good to go out to the movies on Christmas day to watch Avatar in 3D. My parents haven't been out to the movies in forever, and it's definitely been too long since my family and I have gone out and done something just for fun. There's a few things I really miss right now, and I wish I could have even just a tiny piece of each back, or a chance to relive a few moments and experiences, but like they say you can't always get what you want..To be honest, this Christmas felt like a Thanksgiving all over again, for once I really think I felt what it was like to be thankful and really feel just what and who means alot to you, gotta be thankful for what you have everyday. Thank you everyone.

2009 has been an interesting year. Too many memories to list all down here. Definitely had alot of ups and downs. The transition from highschool to college was really exciting, I think its one of the most exciting times in a persons life. For me, feels like the year started out better than it's ending, I don't want to sound negative or anything, but these past few months especially have been pretty hard, college, and a couple other things have made some days and nights pretty tough. On the good side, there's been so many awesome, just awesome things that have happened this year. I'm excited for 2010 and for what it has in store, I definitely have no idea haha. It feels good to be writing again, anyone who's reading this, I don't want you to think that I consider myself a writer of any sort, but it feels good to put down some of your thoughts. I guess it isn't the same as talking to someone, but I think it serves a similar purpose. I wish I had more interesting things to write about, maybe I'll work on that for the upcoming year. 2009, goodbye and thank you for everything. hellllo 2010!

No comments: